Police have arrested two individuals as the search for alleged cop killer Dezi Freeman – the sovereign citizen on the run in Porepunkah – enters its fourth day.
In an update last night, multiple reports said that dozens of officers were seen escorting people on Chandler Street in Porepunkah, which is located in rural Victoria.
Several individuals were searched, while a loudspeaker instructed residents to “come out with nothing in your hands” as police targeted a property reportedly connected to a family member of Freeman.

Dezi Freeman (left) alongside a map of the Porepunkah area. (Credit: Supplied)
Victoria Police confirmed on Friday that a 42-year-old woman and a 15-year-old boy were “safely” arrested at a Porepunkah residence around 8:40 pm.
Both were interviewed and later released, “pending further enquiries”.
The accused, Dezi Freeman, remains at large following the fatal shooting of two police officers and the serious injury of a third on Tuesday.
Anthony Carbines, the state’s police minister, said the Victoria Police force is currently “throwing everything” at finding the “dangerous, armed offender at large”.
Speaking on ABC radio, he said the officers had been “shot down in cold blood doing their job” and that Freeman would be “held accountable”.
Chief Commissioner Mike Bush said that Freeman knew Victoria’s rural area “better than us”, noting that anything was possible, including that Freeman had set up traps in the bushland.
On Wednesday, police identified the two police officers who were killed on duty as Detective Leading Senior Constable Neal Thompson, 59, and Senior Constable Vadim De Waart, 35.
According to The Age, Thompson had served with the force since 1987 and was preparing for his retirement next month. De Waart, meanwhile, had recently arrived in the region on a secondment, having spent more than five years with Victoria Police following previous service in Europe.
Both officers have been warmly remembered by colleagues and friends. Chief Commissioner Mike Bush described them as “brave and fine” members of the force.
“This devastating loss of Neal and Vadim has struck at the heart of Victoria Police, the broader policing family and the community of Porepunkah,” Commissioner Bush said.
“In the coming days, weeks and months, we will all grieve this loss and deeply miss our colleagues and friends who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.”
“We are putting every piece of support around the families of the officers that have passed in this tragic event,” he said.
“We need to be fully assured that they are across the events and also have every support where they are.”
In tribute to the slain officers, landmarks throughout Melbourne were lit up with blue lights on Wednesday evening.
Dezi Freeman is still at large – anyone with information is urged to contact the police.
Image credit: Nine.
The post Two Arrested In Porepunkah Raid As Cops Continue Search For Alleged Killer Dezi Freeman appeared first on PEDESTRIAN.TV .