Farhad Moshiri has once again insisted Everton FC is not up for sale.
The club's majority shareholder tonight told the ECHO he remained committed to the Premier League outfit amid new reports he was willing to listen to offers.
He has repeatedly stressed the club is not for sale in the face of mounting speculation over recent months.
READ MORE: Farhad Moshiri denies Everton takeover reports and addresses fan protests against directors
READ MORE: Everton interest in Marcelo Bielsa is long-standing as new 'demands' emerge
This included in an open letter to supporters in the summer, when the club was attracting the interest of US investors, and in an interview with the club's Fan Advisory Board (FAB) that was released on Tuesday night but filmed before the defeat to West Ham United at the weekend.
And after new claims about the club being made available surfaced tonight he again stressed it was not up for sale
The future of Everton has been the subject of intense speculation since the end of last season and has continued despite Mr Moshiri's insistence he is not looking to sell the club. It will likely continue despite the latest affirmation of that position.
He first dismissed any potential sale in July, writing publicly: "There has been much talk of investment in our football club recently – even takeovers – but I want to clarify that there is no ‘for sale’ sign currently hanging outside Everton Football Club. It will always be pragmatic to explore all potential investment opportunities and, as I have been transparent about, I am actively focused on completing the financing for our fantastic new stadium as well as strengthening the playing squad and that might include a search for minority investment. That will continue."
The businessman again addressed his position earlier this month in another open letter, this time ahead of the match with Southampton, a game which saw a peaceful demonstration take place as part of a campaign over the management of the club as fans faced the prospect of a second relegation battle in consecutive seasons. Then, in an interview with the FAB, released tonight but recorded before Everton's defeat at West Ham at the weekend - where Mr Moshiri was present for what would be Frank Lampard's final game as Blues boss - he addressed a number of concerns over the direction of the club, again expressed his support for those leading it and repeated his assertion he was not looking to sell it.
Despite his repeated claims, speculation has continued and tonight a new report in the Guardian stated Everton is now up for sale and Mr Moshiri would consider offers in excess of £500m.
This was, however, denied by Mr Moshiri. He told the ECHO the process to secure funding for the completion of the club's new waterfront stadium remained ongoing but again stressed the club was not for sale.
- Arnaut Danjuma transfer hijacked as Spurs swoop before Everton seal deal
- Anthony Gordon breaks silence on Frank Lampard sacking as he sends emotional Everton message
- Marcelo Bielsa latest as Everton face up to shocking £50m manager payout figure
- Marcelo Bielsa is 'exactly what Everton need' but one major issue could stop him becoming manager
- Anthony Gordon transfer latest: Newcastle plot £40m deal as Everton training absence explained