Red Bull Ampol Racing have locked up the front row for the first of Sunday's two Supercars races after defending champion Shane Van Gisbergen and rookie Broc Feeney shone in qualifying.
Feeney gave his two-time champion teammate a tow on his flying lap as the New Zealander registered a blistering 50.484 time at Symmons Plains in Tasmania, claiming his first pole of the year on the back of winning Saturday's race.
"Big improvement from yesterday, so stoked about that," Van Gisbergen told Fox Sports.
Mark Winterbottom and David Reynolds, who came together in a late incident in Saturday's race, will start on the second row with Tim Slade rounding out the top five for race four.
Shell V-Power's Will Davison will start sixth with teammate Anton De Pasquale eighth, but it was another difficult session for 2021 Bathurst winner Chaz Mostert who could only muster 16th.
In the second of the morning's qualifying sessions, Davison was the beneficiary of a late red flag as his early qualifying time secured him his first pole of the season for Sunday's second race.
He became the fifth different driver this year to nab pole with his 50.551 lap time after Van Gisbergen and Slade came together on turn six.
With just under two minutes remaining in the session, race officials ended the qualifying with Davison on pole joined by Jack Le Brocq on the front row.
Van Gisbergen will start third with Todd Hazelwood and Anton De Pasquale rounding out the top five.
Race four will begin at 1pm (AEDT) followed by the final event at 3.55pm (AEDT)
Supercars Race Four qualifying Results:
1. Shane Van Gisbergen (Red Bull Ampol Racing) 50.484
2. Broc Feeney (Red Bull Ampol Racing) + 0.152
3. Mark Winterbottom (Irwin Racing) + 0.164
4. David Reynolds (Penrite Racing) +0.228
5. Tim Slade (CoolDrive Autoparts) +0.258
Supercars Race Five Qualifying Results:
1. Will Davison (Shell V-Power Racing) 50.551
2.Jack Le Brocq (Truck Assist Racing) + 0.064
3. Shane Van Gisbergen (Red Bull Ampol Racing) + 0.066
4. Todd Hazelwood (Truck Assist Racing) + 0.099
5. Anton De Pasquale (Shell V-Power Racing) + 0.121