A former Metropolitan Police PC revealed as one of Britain’s worst ever sex offenders has been found guilty of raping a former partner and sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl.
David Carrick spent years in the Met as a specialist firearms officer before he was exposed as a serial rapist and controlling bully.
He was handed 36 life sentences in 2023 after confessing to a catalogue of crimes that included at least 71 sexual offences and 48 rapes.
After his convictions, two more of Carrick’s victims came forward to police, sparking nine further criminal charges.
At the Old Bailey on Wednesday, Carrick was found guilty by a jury of two counts of rape, five indecent assaults, sexual assault and one charge of coercive and controlling behaviour.

The new convictions reveal Carrick’s predatory sexual abuse began when he was a teenager, targeting a 12-year-old girl, and carried on for the next three decades.
The girl had reported the abuse at the time it happened, shaming Carrick into a written confession in which he spelled out “it was true”.
The letter formed the centrepiece of a trial in which Carrick forced the two victims to give evidence, claiming they were lying. But he then cowardly refused to enter the witness box himself to face questions.
He is already serving a life sentence with a minimum term of 30 years for the first set of offences.
Mrs Justice McGowan is expected to extend the minimum term when she sentences Carrick for the new convictions.
While working in the Met, Carrick was part of the elite Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection unit, which has responsibility for guarding VIP visitors, senior politicians, and Royalty.
As a teenager, Carrick abused the girl repeatedly over the course of 18 months, putting his hand over her mouth to stop her letting out a scream and at times trapping her between a chair and sofa to stop her escaping.
The victim, now an adult, broke down in tears while recalling the abuse, and told jurors: “When I heard he was a Metropolitan Police officer, the words I have always used were: ‘God help anyone with him with a warrant card’.”

When Carrick was confronted about his behaviour, he wrote a letter saying the girl was “not crazy” and that it was “true”.
The letter, recovered from Carrick’s medical records, is signed “Dave”, and reads: “It was true but I stopped about 4 months ago”.
It goes on: “I promised myself I wouldn’t never go near her again and I have kept that promise and I always will.”
Carrick said he is “so sorry”, and says the girl “doesn’t have to worry ever again”.
It ends: “Please don’t try to talk about it.”
The second new victim told the court she had been forced into sex when she was dating Carrick.
He claimed to police after his arrest that she was lying and attempting to be part of the “Me Too” movement.
But the woman described in detail during the trial how a “fun” relationship with the police officer turned into a nightmare as he called her abusive names and ordered her to “obey” him.
Describing one of the rapes, she told the jury: “I couldn’t wait until it was over.
“I didn’t want to do it. I was trying to fight him off. I said no.”
Her evidence included particular sexual desires that Carrick had and bore striking similarities to the slew of crimes that he had already admitted.
In 2023, he was sentenced for offences against 12 women, spanning two decades up to his arrest in 2021.
His unmasking as a serial rapist sparked a major crisis for the Met, coming shortly after PC Wayne Couzens had been jailed for the rest of his life for the kidnap, rape, and murder of Sarah Everard.
Couzens and Carrick worked on the same unit, though Scotland Yard said there was no evidence they were close friends.
It also emerged that Carrick had the unsavoury nickname “Bastard Dave” among colleagues, reportedly because of his cruel treatment of women.
His convictions also led to revelations that there had been a series of missed opportunities to catch him, including complaints about his behaviour that were overlooked and police reports that did not leave to either a prosecution or reconsideration of his Met vetting.
Carrick has been behind bars since his initial arrest in 2021. He has been told previously that he may never be set free again.