Leeds United Under-21s will have the help of club record signing Georginio Rutter this evening as they bid to reach the Premier League 2 Division 2 play-off final. The young Whites take on their Aston Villa counterparts at Elland Road and Rutter will be hoping to help them ease through the semi-final clash.
Rutter has struggled for senior game time since making the £35 million switch to Leeds from Hoffenheim in January, making 10 appearances, of which only one has been a start. He has remained an unused substitute in six of the last nine Premier League games and therefore he is in desperate need of minutes.
He’ll be keen to pick up that tonight and Paco Gallardo could certainly do with a strong performance in order to help his side keep their hopes of promotion alive. He features in what is an extremely strong attacking line, which features Mateo Joseph and Sonny Perkins.
Read more: Leeds United U21s vs Aston Villa U21s LIVE
Archie Gray, who was included on Sam Allardyce’s bench on Saturday afternoon, keeps his spot in the middle of the park, while Darko Gyabi is also involved.
Leeds United U21s: Dani van den Heuvel; Kris Moore, Diogo Monteiro, Jeremiah Mullen, Darko Gyabi, Archie Gray, Sean McGurk, Charlie Allen, Sonny Perkins, Georginio Rutter; Mateo Joseph.
Bench: Harry Christy, James Debayo, Connor Ferguson, Charlie Crew, Luca Thomas.
- Sam Allardyce's blunt Illan Meslier assessment and stark reaction to Leeds United dropping
- Sam Allardyce reveals what Leeds United staff said team's issue was and the player who can fix it
- Manchester City 2-1 Leeds United as it happened
- Leeds United player ratings as Firpo and McKennie struggle in one-way City loss
- Sam Allardyce's post-match press conference as it happened