Get all your news in one place.
100's of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
International Business Times
International Business Times
World
Demian Bio

Iran Warns It Will Take The War 'Beyond The Region' If It's Struck Again

Iran threatened to take the war beyond the region if it's struck again. (Credit: Getty Images)

The Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps threatened to take the war beyond the region if it's struck again by the U.S. or Israel.

In a statement, the powerful paramilitary group said it has not brought all its "capacities" into action, but if it's attacked again, the "the regional war that had been warned of will this time spread beyond the region, and our crushing blows will bring you to ruin in places you cannot even imagine."

"We are men of war, and you will witness our power on the battlefield," the document added.

The state of the war continues to be unclear after Trump said on Monday he was calling of planned attacks scheduled for Tuesday at the request of Gulf leaders to give room for more diplomacy as "serious negotiations" were taking place. He added that the deadline was "two-three days, maybe Friday or Saturday, early next week."

Axios detailed that the request, made by the leaders of the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, was a result of concerns about having their infrastructure targeted by Iran if new strikes took place.

A source with knowledge with the matter said Trump told allies that the Gulf leaders said they didn't "want their oil and energy facilities blown up" by Iranian retaliation.

In the opinion of the Gulf leaders, Trump added, "a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all Countries in the Middle East, and beyond."

However, another report detailed that Iran's latest demands to end the war appear to be largely unchanged from previous ones.

Reuters detailed that demands include ending hostilities on all fronts, the exit of U.S. forces from the region and reparations for damages sustained, as well as the lifting of sanctions, the release of frozen funds and an end to the blockade of the Strait of Hormuz.

The outlet went on to recall that the wording is quite similar to a proposal Trump called "garbage" last week. The president met with top officials on Monday to discuss the way forward. Hawkish allies told Axios that he "is in the mood of cracking their head open to get them to move in the negotiations."

CBS News reported that Pakistani Interior Minister and Senator Syed Mohsin Reza Naqvi arrived in Tehran on Wednesday as it continues to push for a peace deal.

"Pakistan has doubled its efforts to find a solution," a senior Pakistani official told the outlet, adding that "restarting war would be a total disaster for everyone."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100's of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.