Pina Falcone works in Carhartt in Northern Quarter. Originally from Stuttgart, the German now calls our city home. So what makes Manchester the place to be for her? And what'd the one thing that would make our city even better?
We asked Pina what she thinks.
- Where’s your favourite hidden gem?
- What’s your favourite view of the city or in the city?
Ancoats Marina, over the bridge on the grass.
- Where’s best to go for your dinner in town?
The Piccadilly street food market. There’s a Jamaican stall, I don’t know its name but it’s perfect.
- Where would you take someone to show them the real Manchester?
Not Piccadilly Gardens! I’d say Northern Quarter and Stevenson Square. I think it’s very Manchester.
- What’s your favourite Mancunian neighbourhood?
- City or United?
United. My boyfriend... so I need to stick to that.
- Your favourite city pub is…?
- Liam or Noel?
- Who is your favourite city ‘character’?
We get the guy on the bike… Boombox Barry.
- What’s the one thing you’d add to Manchester if you could…
Salad bar! A really good salad bar restaurant. On a day like today you want something fresh, like the ones they have in America which have everything you want.
I work in town: Martin Evans, Piccadilly Records... the best view of the city? 'From the 250 bus heading towards Hulme'
I work in town: Shay Ablett, Oxfam Vintage Store - 'my favourite Manc? Boombox Barry, obviously'
I work in town: Alex Sotirios, Thrift Shop Manchester - her favourite neighbourhood? "Probably the Northern Quarter, yeah. Unfortunately"
Steal Their Style: Mum-to-be among coolest looking people in Manchester with pieces from £10 from Arket, ASOS and Depop