How to deal with a late summer sunburn
As the next few days look set to be hot for much of the UK, Well Pharmacy, has revealed a list of top tips for treating sunburn.
Ben Parker, Pharmacist for Well Pharmacy shares top 5 tips on treating sunburn:
1. Don’t put ice or ice packs directly onto sunburnt skin – instead cool your skin by taking regular cool baths or showers – avoid soaps or perfumed products which could dry out your skin further.
2. Apply moisturiser to the area 4 or 5 times daily – any will do, however those with aloe vera can help soothe sunburned skin.
3. You can take Ibuprofen or Paracetamol – this is to help with pain relief as well as the inflammation.
4. Stay covered - make sure you cover the area from the sun until it heals completely.
5. Do not burst any blisters – as it could lead to an infection, most blisters will heal naturally after three to seven days.
For more stories from where you live, visit InYourArea.