Your Everton morning headlines for Thursday, September 22
Frank Lampard's task made clear at Everton as club look to recover £13m blow
For Everton, recovering from the financial issues that have dogged them for the past year or so has meant reviewing where they could make improvements.
From the austere approach to summer recruitment that was seen ahead of the 2021/22 campaign to the moves made to cut their payroll obligations with the exits of major earners like James Rodriguez, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Cenk Tosun and Fabian Delph, Everton have been working towards getting themselves on a more sure footing at the same time as attempting to drive forward operations on the pitch.
Everton came a little too close for comfort to relegation last season, something that would have been severely damaging had the worst happened given the enormous gulf in the money that flows in the top tier of English football and in the Championship.
Nathan Patterson injury latest as Scotland boss gives update on Everton star
Scotland manager Steve Clarke has admitted there is currently no clear return date for Everton defender Nathan Patterson following his injury sustained while away on international duty.
The Blues' full-back, looking to maintain his impressive form of late, was selected to start Scotland's UEFA Nations League match versus Ukraine on Wednesday evening but lasted only 26 minutes of the match before being stretchered off after colliding with Ruslan Malinovsky.
This blow comes after Patterson's injury woes of last season, which saw the 20-year-unavailable for any of Everton's matches from April onwards after undergoing surgery on an ankle issue.
- Everton have been transformed by three players as Carlo Ancelotti 'priority' signing faces uncertain future
- 14 stunning latest images of new Everton stadium work at Bramley-Moore Dock
- Everton stadium 'boost' from Euro 2028 explained as Liverpool and Anfield miss out
- ‘We know’ - Conor Coady makes Neal Maupay claim after first Everton goal
- Everton's transfer success has helped Frank Lampard answer burning managerial question