AN ENGLISH police force is investigating two separate allegations of historic child sexual abuse following the release of the Epstein Files.
In a statement on Tuesday, Surrey Police described the allegations as "non-recent", adding that no arrests have been made.
A spokesperson said: “Following the release of files relating to Jeffrey Epstein by the US Department of Justice, we are investigating two separate allegations of non-recent child sexual abuse.
“One report relates to locations in Surrey and Berkshire in the mid-1990s to 2000. The other relates to the mid to late 1980s in West Surrey.
“No arrests have been made.
“We take all reports of sexual offending seriously and will work to identify any reasonable lines of enquiry to verify information or establish corroborating evidence.
“There is no further information at this time.”
In February, Surrey Police called for witnesses to come forward after a redacted report released by the US Department of Justice in December set out allegations of human trafficking and sexual assault which allegedly took place in Virginia Water between 1994 and 1996.
At the time, the force said that while it did not believe the allegations had been reported, it would assess any new and relevant information which came to its attention.
Elsewhere in England, Essex Police previously confirmed they are assessing information about private flights to and from Stansted Airport following the publication of the Epstein files.
Former prime minister Gordon Brown had also claimed that the files showed in “graphic detail” how Epstein was able to use the airport to “fly in girls from Latvia, Lithuania and Russia”.
Epstein was found dead in an apparent suicide in 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.