Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading

COVID-19 patient in Darwin intensive care

An Australian COVID-19 patient from TImor-Leste is in Royal Darwin Hospital. (AAP)

A COVID-19-infected Australian repatriated from Timor-Leste has been admitted into the intensive care unit at a Darwin hospital.

Northern Territory Health Minister Natasha Fyles says the patient was transported from a "humanitarian perspective".

"We have one individual being cared for in ICU," she told reporters on Friday.

"An Australian at Royal Darwin Hospital who did get repatriated in from Timor Leste.

"My understanding is there was no cost to the taxpayer for that repatriation."

Ms Fyles declined to answer questions about the patient and would not confirm how long the person had been undergoing treatment.

NT Health has been contacted for comment.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.