Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
ABC News
ABC News

Couple charged after man allegedly murdered and a woman held for days and burned at Central Coast unit

A couple has faced a New South Wales court after a woman was allegedly held for days and burned at a Central Coast unit, and a man was killed. 

Police allege a woman, 44, raised the alarm after she escaped the unit on Saturday, claiming she'd been burned and detained. 

When police visited the unit, they found the body of 52-year-old Sean Froggatt. 

Daniel Hasapis from Guildford West, who was known to Mr Froggatt, was arrested and charged with his murder.

The 30-year-old was also charged with the kidnapping of the 44-year-old woman. 

Police allege Mr Froggatt was killed some time between 9:30pm on Friday, January 27, and the following evening. 

The injured woman was treated at Gosford Hospital for multiple injuries, including burns. 

Police allege she was being held at the unit from 5pm on Australia Day, to 4:30pm on Saturday, court documents reveal. 

At some point, the men allegedly had a fight at the unit. 

Mr Hasapis's girlfriend, Bonnie Cullen, 33, who resides at the Wyong residence, was arrested later on Saturday night at Watanobbi. 

She was charged with concealing a serious indictable offence and, according to court documents, she failed to give a reasonable excuse for not notifying police of the alleged murder. 

Neither of the accused entered a plea nor applied for bail in Wyong Local Court on Monday morning. 

A neighbour, who did not want to be named, said Mr Froggatt was a kind and harmless man.

"He wouldn't harm a fly," the resident said. 

"When we saw each other we'd always say 'hello'."

The resident said it was surprising as everyone usually keeps to themselves.

They did not hear any noise during the time of the alleged murder and kidnapping.

Ms Cullen's lawyer, Luke Del Monte, told the court bail would likely be applied for later this week. 

Outside court, Mr Del Monte told reporters it was a serious charge and that his client was entitled to a presumption of innocence. 

The matters have been adjourned until March 28.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.