A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bullish stance on Qualcomm.
Looking at options history for Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) we detected 12 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 58% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 41% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 2 are puts, for a total amount of $180,900 and 10, calls, for a total amount of $362,492.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $100.0 to $190.0 for Qualcomm over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is an insightful way to conduct due diligence on a stock.
This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Qualcomm's options for a given strike price.
Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Qualcomm's whale activity within a strike price range from $100.0 to $190.0 in the last 30 days.
Qualcomm Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Qualcomm Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 234,964, the price of QCOM is down -0.01% at $146.24.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 68 days.
What The Experts Say On Qualcomm:
- DZ Bank downgraded its action to Hold with a price target of $150
- Piper Sandler has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Qualcomm, which currently sits at a price target of $185.
- Wells Fargo has decided to maintain their Equal-Weight rating on Qualcomm, which currently sits at a price target of $150.
- Raymond James has decided to maintain their Strong Buy rating on Qualcomm, which currently sits at a price target of $190.
- Mizuho has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Qualcomm, which currently sits at a price target of $175.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Qualcomm, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.