
One Indian worker lost his life while three others were injured in a drone attack in the Russian capital Moscow earlier on Sunday, the Indian Embassy in Russia informed. Embassy officials visited the location and met the injured workers in the hospital.
"One Indian worker has lost his life, and three others have been injured in a drone attack in the Moscow region earlier today. Embassy officials have visited the location and met the injured workers in the hospital. The Embassy condoles the loss of life and is working with the company management and local authorities to provide necessary assistance to the workers," the Embassy said in a post on X.
Also read: At least 4 people killed in one of largest Ukrainian drone strikes on Russia
Authorities said that the Ukrainian drone attack claimed at least three lives, leaving 12 others injured in other drone attacks.
The "technology" of Moscow's oil refinery was not damaged in the overnight attack, while three houses were damaged, Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin told Reuters, adding that more than 120 drones had been downed in the previous 24 hours.
Russia's defence ministry stated that 556 drones had been downed over the country, including the Moscow region, overnight and into the morning, after Ukraine launched one of its biggest overnight drone attack on the Russian capital in more than a year.
Ukraine says drone attack 'entirely justified'
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said Kyiv's drone attack on Russia was "entirely justified" after a barrage on the Moscow region killed three people, in what Ukraine called retaliation for Moscow's own strikes.
"Our responses to Russia's prolongation of the war and its attacks on our cities and communities are entirely justified. This time, Ukrainian long-range sanctions reached the Moscow region, and we are clearly telling the Russians: their state must end its war," he said on social media.