Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Record
Daily Record
Sport
Mark Walker

Ziggy Gordon sees Dinamo Bucharest manager sacked less than a week after joining

Former Hamilton Accies star Ziggy Gordon has seen his new manager at Dinamo Bucharest sacked - less than a week after he agreed to sign for them.

The defender helped the Lanarkshire side survive in the Premiership ahead of Dundee before agreeing a two-year deal with the Romanian side.

Their manager Mircea Rednic revealed how delighted he was Gordon had opted to sign for the 18-times Romanian champions last week.

He said: "Ziggy received the contract and has agreed it. It's a two year deal.

(SNS Group)

"I told him there was no point him coming over for his medical until June 15 when we return to training and he will officially sign then.

"He is a great player for us and a sign of the ambitions we have for this club."

But after a poor ninth place finish in Romania's top league, Dinamo acted this week and axed Rednic before Gordon even arrived.

And they were hardly flattering in their explanation of why he was dismissed either.

A Dinamo statement said: "We would like to thank Mircea for his work, despite the poor results.

"We finished in our lowest position in the league for many years and a change had to be made."

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.