Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Staff Reporter

Youth tonsured by police last year goes missing

A 23-year-old Dalit youth, who was tonsured by the Seetanagaram police in the police station on July 20 last year, has been missing since Wednesday.

Rajamahendravaram City North Zone DSP K. Venkateswara Rao said that the wife of the youth, Kausalya, had lodged a complaint with the Seetanagaram police on Wednesday night stating that her husband had been missing.

“We have registered a missing case and special teams have been deployed for a search operation. No clue has been received about him till Thursday evening,” Mr. Venkateswara Rao told The Hindu.

Two police personnel, including the then Seetanagaram Sub-Inspector, were suspended for tonsuring the youth.

The victim had also written a letter to the President of India, seeking permission to allow him to join the Naxalites stating that justice was not done to him.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.