Where Can You Find ‘One-Stop Shopping’ For Social Security
I always loved the idea of getting nearly everything I need in one place. Like a lot of guys, I hate shopping around.
One recent discovery is the Social Security Administration’s “mySocialSecurity” portal. It’s like a superstore for Social Security benefits and information.
After you sign up online, you can access a number of features:
If you are receiving benefits:
- Set up or change direct deposit
- Get a Social Security 1099 (SSA-1099) form
- Opt out of mailed notices for those available online
- Print a benefit verification letter
- Change your address
If you are not receiving benefits:
- Get personalized retirement benefit estimates
- Get estimates for spouse’s benefits
- Get proof that you do not receive benefits
- Check your application status
- Get your Social Security Statement
This site even allows you to replace a lost Social Security card. Of course, it doesn’t do everything. You’ll still need to do retirement income planning on your own. But as a supplement to that process, this portal is a must-visit site for those planning retirement.