McDonald’s fans will soon be able to peel back the stickers from their order to be in with the chance of winning prizes as the fast food chain has announced the long-awaited return of its most popular promotion. That’s right, McDonald’s Monopoly is coming back!
The game will return on Wednesday, September 7 across all restaurants, meaning foodies have less than four weeks to wait.
While the prizes to be won have not yet been announced, previous years have seen regular wins for free food items, and huge ticket items like cars and cash up for grabs.
And this year there will be a bonus chance to win prizes with th ‘double peel’, meaning customers will be able to peel their stickers from the pack, then get an extra digital peel on the McDonald’s app, which has a virtual game board and prize wallet for extra wins.
What is the Monopoly game at McDonald’s?
McDonald’s much-loved promotion was launched back in 2005 and works in a similar way to the classic Monopoly board game. Customers have the chance to win prizes by collecting game pieces from menu items such as fries, wraps, drinks and McFlurry’s.
By peeling off the game pieces from these selected items, customers can instantly win free food items and bigger prizes or collect property pieces of the same colour for a bigger prize via the McDonald’s app and online.
So how does it work?
- Peel on pack: Reveal property or instant prize win
- Collect in McDonald’s app: Scan property code to complete set and win
- Extra Peel in McDonald’s app: Each property banked in your Monopoly Wallet gives you another chance to win!
Both existing and new customers who are signed up to My McDonald’s Rewards will also receive a free code to play, as well as be able to earn points on their order.Prize information and full rules will be announced by the fast food chain in the coming weeks.
- I found out the reason Hey Little Cupcake sell cheap desserts on Too Good To Go
- I paid £3 for a mystery meal at Katsouris Deli on Deansgate and I'd have paid for it four times over
- How I got three pretzels the size of my head for the price of one from the Arndale Centre
- Spinningfields Frurt dishing out £3.33 mystery bags to save food waste
- I got three Leon breakfast muffins at Piccadilly for the price of one from McDonalds