From April 26 bars, cafes, and restaurants could be allowed to re-open in Wales on an outdoor-only basis.
The final decision will be taken by Welsh Government in a lockdown rules review on April 22.
Re-opening inside will take longer with the earliest possible date being suggested in May. First Minister Mark Drakeford has said he would hope it is possible by the bank holiday at the end of the month.
Hotels and B&Bs which are self-contained can already open to guests but those without en suite rooms will also have to wait until after May 17.
Mr Drakeford has said that he does not want hospitality venues to re-open with any additional restrictions. They were previously allowed to re-open but not sell alcohol.
In his press conference on April 1 he said curfews would only be considered if they were put in place in England.
We've reviewed all the key questions about how hospitality will look when customers hopefully get to visit for the first time in more than four months.
Can they sell alcohol?
The First Minister told WalesOnline : "Alcohol will be able to be sold".
Will there be a curfew?
The First Minister said that as far as Wales is concerned there will be no curfew and normal opening times will be allowed.
“When England had a 10pm curfew we just decided it was simpler to have a single rule that people will hear everywhere and we’ll do the same this time,” he said.
However in his press conference he suggested that could change depending on the rules England adopts.
Mr Drakeford said that rules will be worked out with the hospitality industry between now and the opening date.
He said some queries can be answered immediately but others will take time to work out.
"There is some time for us to do that so the guidance is as good as it possible can be so that when people re-open their premises will be attractive for people to return to them because customers will know that everything that needs to be done has been done and they are safe," he said.
Can I meet my friends?
The rule of six – six people from a maximum of two households (with under-11s not counted) – applies but Mr Drakeford explained that doesn't have to be the same group every time. So you could meet different groups of friends or family at different times.
Will there be social distancing?
Yes – the First Minister has warned that social distancing is likely to be in force in Wales for the rest of the year.
He said guidance about social distancing and similar measures will be "available as it was last year when outdoor hospitality was able to re-open then".
Will there still be screens and hand sanitiser?
Even if indoor hospitality is allowed to re-open by May 17 Wales will still be in alert level three.
The First Minister has also warned that masks, social distancing, and the 2m rule will all stay in place.
The Keep Wales Safe document produced for businesses explains that firms selling food or drink must do so within the reasonable measures specified in the Coronavirus Regulations.
The list of rules say that all “reasonable measures” should be taken to ensure people can stay 2m apart. There should be limited entry and exit points into and out of the premises and outside queues have to be monitored.
Signs will have to be produced about face masks and security staff used if needed.
What about face masks?
It is likely the existing rule of wearing your mask when you enter or move around a premises will be brought back. There is a list of reasonable excuses when masks can be removed such as in hospitality premises where customers are allowed to remove face coverings to eat or drink when reasonably necessary.
Can I order at the bar?
Licensed premises are encouraged to use smartphone apps for customers to order and pay for food to minimise contact between staff and customers. If paying at the counter social distancing should be maintained.
Will you need to show you’ve had a jab?
The First Minister said work was going on across the UK’s governments about vaccine certification. He said they would be complex to introduce but while all four nations have “independent powers” Mr Drakeford said he hoped they would address them together.
Chief medical officer Frank Atherton told Thursday’s press conference that while he accepted “vaccine passports” may be needed for travel he had concerns about equality issues when it came to using them in hospitality venues.
“I think it’s far more tentative and there’s lots of details to be worked through on that. I would also worry about the equality concerns on that because some people won’t be able to vaccinated, they may have reasons why they can’t be, and no vaccine gives 100% protection anyway, but that would raise the prospect of some people who cannot be vaccinated being excluded from parts of life."