Someone with a lot of money to spend has taken a bullish stance on Marvell Tech (NASDAQ:MRVL).
And retail traders should know.
We noticed this today when the big position showed up on publicly available options history that we track here at Benzinga.
Whether this is an institution or just a wealthy individual, we don't know. But when something this big happens with MRVL, it often means somebody knows something is about to happen.
Today, Benzinga's options scanner spotted 11 options trades for Marvell Tech.
This isn't normal.
The overall sentiment of these big-money traders is split between 54% bullish and 45%, bearish.
Out of all of the options we uncovered, 10 are puts, for a total amount of $966,010, and there was 1 call, for a total amount of $27,006.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $45.0 to $82.5 for Marvell Tech over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is a powerful move while trading options. This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Marvell Tech's options for a given strike price. Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Marvell Tech's whale trades within a strike price range from $45.0 to $82.5 in the last 30 days.
Marvell Tech Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Marvell Tech Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 2,339,676, the price of MRVL is down -2.71% at $44.23.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 70 days.
What The Experts Say On Marvell Tech:
- Goldman Sachs has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Marvell Tech, which currently sits at a price target of $62.
- Citigroup has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Marvell Tech, which currently sits at a price target of $74.
- Wells Fargo has decided to maintain their Equal-Weight rating on Marvell Tech, which currently sits at a price target of $58.
- Morgan Stanley has decided to maintain their Equal-Weight rating on Marvell Tech, which currently sits at a price target of $60.
- Keybanc has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Marvell Tech, which currently sits at a price target of $75.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Marvell Tech, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.