Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Record
Daily Record
National
Ron Moore

Water bosses under fire from Paisley householders

Water bosses are under fire for leaving Paisley householders without mains supply for the third time in a month.

Thousands of homes in the PA2 area were affected by a loss of their water on Sunday morning.

Residents vented their fury after waking up and finding they had been cut off again due to another interruption.

Paisley Buddie Alison Fulton voiced her frustration on social media, saying: “Third time this has happened in 4 weeks. It’s getting ridiculous now.

“Extremely frustrating. Anyone affected by this, yet again, claim your 25 per cent rebate on your water charges. Go to Scottish Water website and look under Service Standards.”

Lesley Steele posted on Facebook: “This is really poor service!

“It’s the 3rd time in 4 weeks that my elderly mum has been affected. “This problem really needs sorted properly.”

Amy Fudge branded the service “a joke” and Jim Double said it is becoming “tedious” as it is happening every weekend.

Scottish Water said they were investigating the problem and had dispatched engineers to find the source of the fault.

A spokeswoman said: “Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

“Our engineers will be on site as soon as possible to investigate this issue.”

She added customers may be affected by low pressure or discoloured water while repairs are carried out.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.