
The US State Department said in a statement on Monday that Washington will renew its restrictions on Iran's nuclear program, describing Tehran's developments of its nuclear activity as "unacceptable."
The waivers are renewed for 60 days, according to the statement.
"As US President Trump said earlier this year, Iran will never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon," said Morgan Ortagus, US State Department spokeswoman.
"We will continue to closely monitor all developments in Iran’s nuclear program and can adjust these restrictions at any time."
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said in March Iran prevented UN inspectors from investigating possible secret nuclear activity in two sites.
After the US withdrew from the nuclear agreement with and renewed its economic sanctions on Iran, Tehran started violating many of the terms of the agreement.
In January, Iran said that it would no longer abide by any restrictions on its nuclear program.