Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Tribune News Service
Tribune News Service
Sport
Emily Deruy

Warriors pick up $4 million tab for victory parade

OAKLAND, Calif. _ The Warriors will pay about $4 million for Thursday's championship parade in Oakland, according to team spokesman Raymond Ridder.

Warriors owner Joe Lacob had said at the rally that he and co-owner Peter Guber would pick up the tab, but the total cost had been unclear until now.

Cities often pay for some portion of championship parades but the Warriors said they would pick up all of the parade expenses.

"We said we need another one," Lacob told a crowd of hundreds of thousands at the rally for the Warriors, who won their second championship in three years. The team also won in 2015. "And we have delivered another one ... I'm very proud to be a part of it along with all of us."

The Warriors aren't going to be in Oakland much longer and the parade and rally drew hundreds of thousands of fans. The team is in the process of building a new arena in San Francisco and are expected to begin playing there at the beginning of the 2019-20 season.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.