There was a lucky escape for a driver as Dublin Fire Brigade responded to a truck fire in the city centre which they said was most likely caused by improperly recycled household batteries.
Firefighters from HQ were called to the scene of a truck fire that broke out in the streets of the capital, where they discovered a paper waste shredding vehicle's load was alight.
"Damaged batteries were found among the shredded waste and is most likely the cause of the fire," Dublin Fire Brigade's official Facebook page said.
READ MORE: EuroMillions results: Location of mega €66m win confirmed as Irish prizes listed
Commendable, quick detection and use of a fire extinguisher by the driver/operator significantly slowed fire growth prior to arrival of the firefighters.
"Batteries should never enter the paper recycling or general waste system," they said.
They should be disposed of by the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) recycling system, available at any retail outlet which sells electronics and batteries, and local amenity recycling sites.
The lucky escape has heeded as a word of warning to other businesses that use batteries.
Dublin Fire Brigade said business users can set up a battery recycling program at their work locations and reminded businesses to always use a registered waste contractor.
"Thanks to Dublin City Council's Waste Management for providing a team to tidy the road when the fire was extinguished," they added, following the lucky escape.
The 10 most common dreams Irish people have and what they mean
Late Late Show to host special Eurovision episode to decide Ireland's representative
Body & Soul Festival announce extra acts to this year's line-up
Ireland Six Nations quiz: Test your knowledge of the tournament
Get breaking news to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter