Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Daily Record
Daily Record
Rebecca Sherdley & John-Paul Clark

Vicious murderer live-streamed brutal two-hour attack on man on social media

A thug has been found guilty of murder after subjecting a man to a two hour long attack that he was live-streamed on social media.

Viewers pleaded with Declan O'Donnell, 24, but he turned toward the victim, Paul Cox, 63, and continued the beating at the address in Nottingham on February 10, 2022.

One person had pleaded, "stop, you are killing him" but O'Donnell would not stop his savage attack and it only came to an end when a family member alerted the police, reports Nottinghamshire Live.

One of O'Donnell's family saw the shocking live video footage and alerted ambulance and police in two seperate 999 calls.

Officers raced to the address, in Mansfield Road, Nottingham.

Twisted O'Donnell answered but redirected police to another address, laughing on video as he continued recording, but stopped the live streaming at that juncture.

Detectives then returned but O'Donnell threatened them with a knife, which delayed them getting to Mr Cox.

A taser was produced and O'Donnell dropped the knife before officers eventually managed to detain him.

Police located Mr Cox in a horrific condition, with severe injuries, and unable to speak.

Tragically, Mr Cox never regained consciousness and unable to provide officers with an account of what had happened.

However, officers discovered their had been a social stream used it to piece together evidence.

They subsequently charged O'Donnell with GBH with intent, and this was elevated to murder, after Mr Cox sadly passed away in Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham.

The attack on Mr Cox happened at O'Donnell's aunt, Lorraine Fallon's home.

Mr Cox was subjected to a sadistic and brutal attack on . O'Donnell suffered 45 separate injuries, including a crushed oesophagus, and blunt force injuries to his spine and head.

Pathologist Dr Frances Hollingbury said the exact cause his death was severe trauma, with head, chest and spine and injuries consistent with being kicked and stamped.

The trial started on May 2 at Nottingham Crown Court and the jury returned their guilty verdict to murder on Monday, May 15.

The jury had heard how O'Donnell pleaded guilty to manslaughter due to diminished responsibility and due to an abnormality of the mind.

However, this was not accepted by the prosecution who pursued an allegation of murder, which he denied.

O'Donnell will now be sentenced on Friday, May 19.

Police said O’Donnell blamed Mr Cox for the death of his own mum, who was a functioning alcoholic.

Mr Cox, died on February 18, after attempts were made at hospital to save his life, including the surgical removal of half of his oesophagus

He had been on ICU for 8 days, before his family had to make the awful decision to switch off his life support.

His brother, Peter Cox, attended the trial every day with his devastated family.

Don't miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond - Sign up to our daily newsletter here .


Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.