Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading

Charges after Vic rooftop negotiation

A Melbourne man linked to a highway scene where four police officers were killed, is facing a raft of fresh criminal charges including making threats and breaching bail.

Richard Pusey, 42, rose to notoriety as the Porsche driver who allegedly filmed the aftermath of an April 22 crash on Melbourne's Eastern Freeway in which the four police officers died.

He was granted bail, awaiting trial on charges including outraging public decency, drug possession, reckless conduct endangering serious injury and life.

Late on Sunday police attended Pusey's Fitzroy address following reports of a disturbance.

Officers reported finding a man on the roof and a specialist team negotiated with him "before he surrendered to police without incident".

A 42-year-old man was taken to hospital for assessment, police said.

Later on Monday, police said a 42-year-old man had been charged with making threats to kill, false imprisonment, dangerous conduct, assault, breaching bail, commit indictable offence whilst on bail, and using a telecommunication service to harass.

A woman who was also at the property at the time of the disturbance was not injured.

Lifeline 13 11 14

beyondblue 1300 22 4636

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.