
A teacher from a school west of Melbourne has tested positive for COVID-19 and is reportedly among three additional cases in Victoria.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar has confirmed the infected teacher attended a staff day on Monday but had not had any contact with students on Tuesday or Wednesday.
All fellow staff have been directed to isolate and get tested, with the school's Woodlea and Maddingley campuses closed for the rest of the week.
Two of the teacher's family members have since tested positive for COVID-19 as well, according to media reports, bringing the total number of cases reported in Victoria on Wednesday to 11.
All are set to be included in Thursday's daily figures.
It is believed the teacher, a Barwon man, attended an AFL match between Carlton and Geelong at the MCG on Saturday with a friend who lives at the locked-down Ariele Apartments in Maribyrnong.
The Department of Health would not confirm the reports when contacted by AAP.
It comes as contact tracers race to track down thousands of close contacts linked to Victoria's growing list of exposures sites.
Of the seven additional cases announced earlier on Wednesday, four are residents of the Ariele Apartments.
Among those cases is a man in his 60s, who subsequently infected his parents, aged 89 and 90, who don't live in the complex.
The man also attended an AFL match between Carlton and Geelong at the MCG on Saturday and Highpoint Shopping Centre on Friday.
About 2000 people were on level two of the Members' Reserve where the man was sitting and have been deemed close contacts.
The rest of the 30,000-plus crowd are considered casual contacts and should monitor for symptoms.
The Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre and Young & Jackson pub in Melbourne's CBD have been identified as tier-one exposure sites after cases also visited on Saturday.
Patrons from both venues must get tested and isolate regardless of their result.
COVID-19 Commander Jeroen Weimar said the next two days would be critical.
"We are right on the heels of this particular outbreak," he told reporters on Wednesday.
Some 200 residents of the Ariele Apartments have been forced into 14 days of quarantine after a NSW removalist crew did a pick up at the complex on Thursday while infectious.

Mr Weimar said the three removalists, two of whom have tested positive, weren't wearing masks, in a breach of their worker's permit conditions.
The trio also did a drop off at a Craigieburn home the same day, and are believed to have slept in their trucks on Thursday night before travelling to SA.
The remaining new case is a man in his 30s who attended Coles Craigieburn at the same time as a member of a family who recently returned from Sydney infected with COVID-19.
The family of four from Melbourne's northwest were required to self-isolate at home as red zone permit arrivals, but one visited the Coles and a Metro petrol station in Broadmeadows.
All have now tested positive, with the fourth infection confirmed on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the state and federal governments are bickering over financial support for NSW.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison on Tuesday announced a new, joint state- and federally-funded support package for NSW due to the Sydney outbreak that has infected more than 800 people and claimed two lives.
The package will also be offered to other jurisdictions if they have to impose extended lockdowns.
Premier Daniel Andrews' office issued a statement on Tuesday night accusing the federal government of NSW favouritism, while federal Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said people were "sick" of Mr Andrews' "whingeing and his politicking of the crisis".