Vernon Kay has broken his silence as the presenter was announced as Ken Bruce's replacement on BBC Radio 2.
The 48-year-old, who is married to Strictly Come Dancing presenter Tess Daly, was announced as the new radio's DJ – as he is set to start the job in May.
Vernon will be taking over from Ken in the coveted weekday slot, after Ken announced his decision to quit earlier this year.
As the news was confirmed, Vernon shared a photo of himself which had the BBC and Radio 2 logo added on on his Instagram.
The former Family Fortunes presenter then added an image of his statement on his career news, which read: "I'm absolutely over the moon to be handed the microphone to present the mid-morning show on Radio 2, and what an honour to follow in the footsteps of the mighty Ken Bruce.
"It's a dream come true to join the Radio 2 family and I can't wait to start."
As he shared the post, he tagged BBC Radio 2's Instagram page in the caption.
Vernon's celebrity pals were quick to comment on the Radio DJ's post and congratulate him on the new career move.
BBC Radio 2 DJ Zoe Ball wrote: "can't wait for handovers champ" followed by a high five and heart emoji.
Dermot O'Leary gushed: "The best news x."
While Davina McCall added: "I literally cannot tell you how utterly joyful this news has made me .
"When you interviewed me and DW and CD that morning I was completely blown away by how brilliant you were … this is THE BEST NEWS Vernon .!!!!
"What a gig and what an honour but also @bbcradio2 are really lucky to have you".
It comes after Ken Bruce tweeted this evening to confirm his final show on the BBC Radio 2 airwaves.
Ken, 72, revealed his final show has been pushed forward by the broadcaster in a tweet as he wrote: "I will be presenting my last show on Radio 2 next Friday. I had intended fulfilling my contract until the end of March but the BBC has decided it wants me to leave earlier. Let’s enjoy the week ahead!"
In response to Ken's statement today, the BBC said: "Ken decided to leave Radio 2 and it’s always been known he’s leaving in March. Returning to Wogan House for a week after a month of broadcasting the Piano Room sessions at Maida Vale provided a natural break. We wish Ken all the best for the future
Ken announced his departure from the BBC after 31 years of hosting the radio show.
His departure was announced on his radio show in January as the BBC later tweeted: "We have some news… After 31 years of presenting the 9:30am-midday weekday show Ken Bruce has decided to leave.
"We’re going to miss you lots Ken and want to congratulate you on a fantastic career at the BBC."
Shortly after his departure was announced, Ken revealed he is heading to Greatest Hits Radio.
The radio DJ said of his new role: "What better way to celebrate my forty-five years in radio than with a new adventure and a brand-new show on Greatest Hits Radio.
"I say brand-new but there will still be PopMaster, me and my musings and all the great records you know and love from the 70s, 80s and 90s.
"I’m looking forward to getting started and to you joining me for my very first show. See you in April!"
Ken will kickstart a weekday line up that also includes presenters Simon Mayo at Drivetime and Jackie Brambles in the early evening.