Nottingham Forest have submitted their revised planning application for the redevelopment of the City Ground.
Work had been due to get underway on the stadium last summer, starting with knocking down and rebuilding the Peter Taylor Stand. But that was put on hold, with “delays in the planning process” cited.
Earlier this year, chairman Nicholas Randall said the club hoped to soon be in a position where they could update their planning application for submission.
And that has now been put forward to Rushcliffe Borough Council. It is hoped a decision could be made towards the end of the summer, although putting a timescale on such developments is notoriously difficult.
Kit tease
Nottingham Forest have extended their sponsorship partnership with UK Meds ahead of the new season.
And the club have provided another brief glimpse of their home kit for 2021/22, ready for it going on pre-sale on Friday (June 4).
Last week the Reds announced a deal with BOXT to be front-of-shirt sponsors for the upcoming campaign.
A video offering a sneak peek of the new shirt was released at the same time, and another teaser video has now followed.
Striker stance
Nottingham Forest striker Lyle Taylor is reportedly being monitored by a number of Championship sides amid suggestions of a possible loan move.
The 31-year-old only signed for the Reds as a free agent last summer, after leaving Charlton Athletic, but found himself down the pecking order during his first season at the club.
Taylor made 42 appearances in the Garibaldi during the 2020/21 campaign, with 25 of those coming from off the substitutes’ bench.
Amid Forest’s collective goalscoring troubles, he found the net five times in total, with his last strike coming against Cardiff City in the FA Cup back in January.
Midfielder interest
Interest in Filip Krovinovic is said to be ramping up, following the end of his Nottingham Forest loan spell.
The Croatian midfielder was a regular starter for the Reds after making the switch to the City Ground in January, on loan from Benfica.
Reports in Portugal have suggested he does not have a future at his parent club, and a return to Forest could be a possibility for next season.
But Chris Hughton’s side are not the only ones being linked with a summer move for Krovinovic.