Ulster's Robert Baloucoune has been ruled out for "a number of months" after being told he requires surgery on a hamstring injury.
Dan McFarland's side return to Guinness PRO14 action this weekend.
The province haven't played since February 22 after all sport was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Ulster will resume their campaign on Sunday against Connacht at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin, knowing victory will book their place in the PRO14 semi-finals.
Ulster Rugby Medical Performance Team issued a squad update ahead of Sunday’s game, confirming Baloucoune's surgery.
"Sean Reidy has a calf injury and is expected to return in 4-6 weeks," Ulster said.
"Rob Baloucoune requires surgery on a hamstring tear and will be out for a number of months."
Baloucoune had been in stellar form before rugby was suspended earlier this year.
His try against the Cheetahs in Ulster's final game before lockdown was his sixth from eight games.
It was also the third consecutive game he had touched down for a try.
The Enniskillen flier has scored 12 ties in 21 Ulster caps since his making his debut in 2018.
Speaking recently, Baloucoune said he was relishing rugby's return.
“I’ll just focus on these next two games and then the Champions Cup - I’m just fighting for a starting spot,” he replied.
“Whatever happens after that I’ll be backing myself to do myself justice.”