Drakkar Klose has been waiting a long time since his infamous shove from Jeremy Stephens to get back in the octagon. He finally did on Saturday at UFC on ESPN 34 and responded with a lopsided victory.
Klose (12-2-1 MMA, 6-2 UFC) put a beatdown on Brandon Jenkins (14-8 MMA, 0-2 UFC) in their lightweight bout at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, landing shot after shot after shot until he eventually slumped his opponent and forced referee Herb Dean to step in and halt the action for the second-round TKO.
Check out a replay of the finish below (via Twitter):
— ESPN MMA (@espnmma) April 16, 2022
After the fight, a highly energized Klose knew exactly what he wanted next. He called out Mark Madsen (12-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC), who is fresh off a dominant win over Vinc Pichel at UFC 273 this month.
“It’s been two years since the last time I stepped in the cage – the whole push and all that stuff,” Klose said in his post-fight interview with Daniel Cormier. “But enough about that. I want Mark Madsen. Where you at, boy?”
Up-to-the-minute UFC on ESPN 34 results include:
- Drakkar Klose def. Brandon Jenkins via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 0:33
- Rafa Garcia def Jesse Ronson via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 4:50
- Martin Buday def. Chris Barnett via technical unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jordan Leavitt def. Trey Ogden via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Sam Hughes def. Istela Nunes via majority decision (29-27, 29-27, 28-28)
- Heili Alateng def. Kevin Croom via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:47