Get all your news in one place.
100's of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Evening Standard
Evening Standard
National
Matt Watts

Two facing life in jail for murder of innocent mother in drive-by shooting outside wake in north London

Two men will be sentenced later for murdering an innocent woman in a drive-by shooting at a wake and injuring two more people.

Mother-of-two Michelle Sadio, 44, was gunned down outside a wake at the River of Life Pentecostal Church in Willesden, north London, on December 14 2024.

Following an Old Bailey trial, Perry Allen-Thomas, 27, and Amir Salem, 20, were found guilty of murder and two counts of attempted murder.

They face life in jail when they are sentenced by Mrs Justice McGowan from 2pm on Wednesday.

Ms Sadio had been among around 100 mourners, including children as young as five, to attend the wake for Dianne Boatong, 80.

At around 9pm, guests were outside on the pavement when a black Kia pulled up and shots were fired into the crowd.

Ms Sadio, a legal administrator, was hit and died at the scene.

Transport for London contractor Kenneth Amoah, 39, was hit in the back and paralysed below the waist, and self-employed Kadeem Francis, 32, was shot in the foot.

The intended target was said to have been a rapper called Trapstar Toxic, real name Adetokunbo Ajibola, 33, who was at the event.

Allen-Thomas, from Wembley, north London, was said to have helped organise the shooting but ensured he was elsewhere at the time.

The Kia used in the attack had been stolen and was being driven with false number plates.

Salem, from Wembley, had bought some of the petrol used to set the vehicle on fire after the shooting, jurors heard.

On the night of the shooting, Salem was in contact with the Kia occupants and reported back to Allen-Thomas, jurors were told.

At least four shots were fired, although it was not known who in the Kia pulled the trigger.

The prosecution had alleged two of the men in the Kia had fled the country after the incident.

The weapon used in the shooting had been used twice before in the previous few months, and was said to be a “gang gun”.

In one of the earlier incidents, the occupant of a car opened fire on a group of males outside a pizzeria, discharging 11 rounds and hitting one person in the ankle.

There was no suggestion the defendants were involved.

During the trial, the defendants denied being involved in any way or knowing anything about the incident.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100's of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.