Two electrocuted in Mulakalapalli reserve forest area

By P. Sridhar

Two persons were electrocuted after they accidentally stepped on an electric trap laid by poachers for wild animals at Mogaralaguppa village in Mulakalapalli reserve forest area in the wee hours today.

The victims were identified as John Babu and Durga Rao of the remote tribal village. The incident exposed lack of proper coordination among the government departments concerned in preventing setting up of electric traps in forest fringe areas.

Suggestions made by some experts to insulate electric wires passing through forest fringe villages and effectively track unusual tripping of electricity remains unimplemented.


What is inkl?

Important stories

See news based on value, not advertising potential. Get the latest news from around the world.

Trusted newsrooms

We bring you reliable news from the world’s most experienced journalists in the most trusted newsrooms.

Ad-free reading

Read without interruptions, distractions or intrusions of privacy.