Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Reuters
Reuters
Business

Two Australians confirmed dead in London attack - government

A rose is laid among floral tributes for the victims of the attack on London Bridge and Borough Market at London Bridge, London, Britain June 6, 2017. REUTERS/Marko Djurica

SYDNEY (Reuters) - A second Australian national was confirmed dead following the London attacks on Saturday in which seven people were killed, the Australian government said.

"We continue to work with the United Kingdom authorities who have asked that we await official confirmation of the identities of the victims, and for the families to be officially notified, before we release their names," Foreign Minister Julie Bishop said in a statement on Wednesday.

Victims have, so far, included nationals from the UK, France, Spain, and New Zealand.

(Reporting by Cecile Lefort; Editing by Toni Reinhold)

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.