Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Special Correspondent

Two aides of Dubey remanded in judicial custody

Sushil Kumar Tiwari, driver of an associate of slain gangster Vikas Dubey, being produced in a court in Thane, Maharashtra on July 12, 2020. (Source: PTI)

Two aides of slain Uttar Pradesh gangster Vikas Dubey were remanded in judicial custody till July 21 by the Thane magistrate court on Sunday.

Also read; U.P. police had earlier shot dead five aides of Vikas Dubey

Arvind, alias Guddan Ramvilas Trivedi, and Sushilkumar, alias Sonu Suresh Tiwari, were detained by the Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Saturday from Thane.

“They had been on the run from Madhya Pradesh since July 7 and came to Mumbai in a small truck carrying vegetables,” sources told The Hindu.

First class judicial magistrate R.H. Jha remanded them in judicial custody for 14 days. Following a precautionary coronavirus test, the duo were lodged in the Taloja jail.

Also read; Held for tipping off Vikas Dubey, U.P. SI moves SC for security

An ATS official said, “Kanpur police is here and they will move court tomorrow for Guddan and Sonu’s transit bail. Meanwhile, they are in judicial custody here.”

The agency said an initial inquiry revealed that Guddan was involved in many cases with Dubey, including the 2001 murder of State Minister Santosh Shukla.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.