Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Tribune News Service
Tribune News Service
National
Tim Balk

Tucker Carlson's top writer resigns, wrote racist posts under pseudonym, report says

NEW YORK _ Political talk show host Tucker Carlson's top writer has resigned after racist online posts he had published under a pseudonym surfaced, CNN reported Friday.

Blake Neff posted his comments on an Internet message board awash with bigoted content, according to CNN.

Fox News said the writer for "Tucker Carlson Tonight" quit after CNN contacted Neff to request comment about the posts.

As of Friday night, Neff's Twitter and LinkedIn accounts were deactivated.

CNN reported that in one post last month, Neff wrote: "Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime down." In another, he said, "Honestly given how tired black people always claim to be, maybe the real crisis is their lack of sleep," according to CNN.

Fox News didn't immediately respond to a request for comment from the New York Daily News.

Neff, a Dartmouth College alum, has emphasized the central role he played writing for Carlson, the outspoken conservative pundit.

"Anything he's reading off the teleprompter, the first draft was written by me," Neff once told Dartmouth Alumni Magazine.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.