TRNSMT 2021: Bizarre items you can't take into Glasgow Green's music festival - and some items that are very obvious
TRNSMT opened their doors to festival-goers today with 50,000 people expected to walk through its gates.
The Glasgow Green music festival, taking place over the course of three days, will welcome back revellers for the first time since 2019 after Covid put a halt to large gatherings.
And whilst some may be keeping an eye on the weather and hoping for a sunny weekend, others may be wondering about what they can and can't take in.
According to their website, if anyone is "caught with any of these items, you may be refused entry and prosecuted."
Some bizarre items that are not allowed in include an umbrella and a selfie stick - aren't these festival must haves - especially the selfie stick?
So looking at all the items, we've put a list together of what you should avoid bringing with you and safe to say the list is fairly obvious...
Which items are prohibited from taking to TRNSMT?
If you are found to have any of the following items, they will be confiscated and may not be returned:
- Gas or smoke devices
- Confetti cannons
- Chinese / sky lanterns
- Candles or any flames
- Excessive amounts of cigarettes and/or vapes
- Professional camera/video/audio equipment including removable lenses
- Portable laser equipment
- Laser pens
- Air horns
- Sound systems
Sign up to Glasgow Live newsletters for more headlines straight to your inbox
- Spray paint cans
- Aerosols over 250ml
- Glass bottles, jars and containers
- Unofficial tabards and reflective jackets (Hi-Vis)
- Fake ID
- Selfie sticks
- Chairs and any item that could be considered a weapon including multi-tools
- Illegal drugs, “legal/herbal” highs, new psychoactive substances, nitrous oxide (NOS/laughing gas) and unidentifiable substances.
TRNSMT urge anyone to also "only bring 500ml empty plastic water bottles with you to fill at the various drinking water points available around the arena."