Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Nottingham Post
Nottingham Post
Sport
Sarah Clapson

Transfer speculation aplenty as Nottingham Forest get set for Championship restart

Goalkeeper linked

Nottingham Forest have been linked with a move for World Cup finalist goalkeeper Danijel Subasic.

The experienced 35-year-old, who was between the posts for Croatia as they finished runners-up to France at the last World Cup, will be a free agent this summer when he leaves AS Monaco.

Subasic has been with the Ligue 1 side for the past eight-and-a-half years but is set to depart when his contract runs out at the end of this month.

There is reportedly a fair bit of interest in his signature, with suggestions the Reds could be among those keen.

Read more, here.

Fryatt's claims

Matty Fryatt is suing Nottingham Forest after he claims the club mismanaged the injury which ended his career.

The former striker alleges the club was negligent in treating an Achilles problem he suffered during the 2014/15 season and is seeking substantial compensation.

Fryatt - who says his mental health has been affected by the experience - insists his pleas were ignored and he was pressured to play through the injury which ultimately forced him to retire early at the age of 31 in 2018.

Forest have denied any wrong-doing and the club have said they will be "defending" their actions.

Read more, here.

Catching the eye

West Ham United are keen on a “double swoop” for Nottingham Forest duo Matty Cash and Joe Worrall, according to a report.

The pair have been key figures this season under Sabri Lamouchi, playing a vital part in the Reds’ push for promotion.

And their impressive performances haven’t gone unnoticed.

Both have been on the radar of Premier League clubs previously, while Cash also caught the eye of Italian giants AC Milan in January.

Read more, here.

Testing results

Six individuals from four clubs have tested positive in the latest round of coronvirus testing in the Championship.

It comes as Nottingham Forest are preparing for their return to action on June 20, when they will resume the season with a trip to face Sheffield Wednesday.

The English Football League announced the latest set of results after tests were carried out on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Those who have tested positive are currently self-isolating for seven days and cannot attend their club’s training ground as a result.

Read more, here.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.