Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Guardian - UK
The Guardian - UK
World
Kevin Rawlinson

Third Stade de France bombing suspect's photo released

French officials released a picture of third man they believe tried to bomb the stadium during the Paris attacks.
French officials released a picture of third man they believe tried to bomb the stadium during the Paris attacks. Photograph: French ministry of interior/EPA

French police have tweeted a picture of the third man they believe carried out the bomb attack on the Stade de France last week, and appealed for help in identifying him.

The Police Nationale released the image on Sunday evening, nine days after the bombings, which were part of a series of simultaneous attacks across the French capital that killed 130 people.

It followed police raids in which three people suspected of involvement in the attacks were killed.

The man’s image was accompanied by a message that read: “This individual is the third dead perpetrator of one of the attacks carried out on 13 November at the Stade de France.”

In Belgium, the prime minister, Charles Michel, said the terror alert would remain at the country’s highest level for a sustained “serious and imminent” threat against the capital, Brussels.

Michel said that, like the weekend, authorities fear a Paris-like attack, “even perhaps at several locations”. He said that consequently schools and the subway system in the city would not open.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.