Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times
National
Luke Wilusz

Third man charged in murder of Sound Bar security guard

Thurman Bailey | Facebook photo

A third man has been charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a Sound Bar security guard earlier this year outside the River North club.

Michael Matthews, 41, is charged with one felony count each of mob action and murder while committing another forcible felony in connection with the March 8 shooting that killed 28-year-old Thurman Bailey in the 600 block of North Franklin Street, according to a statement from Chicago police.

Michael Matthews

Matthews turned himself in Sunday at the Wentworth District police station, 5101 S. Wentworth Ave., police said. He is expected to appear in court for a bail hearing on Monday.

Bailey was killed and a 58-year-old man was injured in the shooting after a brawl shortly after midnight March 8 in front of Sound Bar, 645 N. Franklin, police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office said.

Armond Williams, 37, was charged in March with first degree murder and first degree attempted murder for the shooting. Jon Poole, 34, was arrested in Georgia in July and charged with four counts of murder.

Read more on crime, and track the city’s homicides.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.