One of the best parts of Christmas dinner - other than the food - is telling the silly jokes that come out of the crackers on the table.
And now, the UK's top Christmas cracker jokes for 2022 have been revealed, reports Birmingham Live. These jokes have featured many of the world's most popular media events across the year, including Liz Truss's Prime Minister run and Holly and Phil's queue jump row.
Other jokes included Kate Bush, following the success of her 1985 single Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God), in the Stranger Things series. The poll, made up of 2,000 UK participants and organised by television broadcasters Gold, has decided the best joke out of the shortlist.
This joke was: "What type of peas ruin Christmas Dinner? MPs.”
This year's shortlist also references the Will Smith and Chris Rock Academy Awards slap incident, as well as Holly and Phil's queue jump row. Holly and Phil were accused of pushing in to see the Queen's lying in state after her death aged 96 at Balmoral Castle in Scotland back in September.
Read the full list below.
The UK's top Christmas cracker jokes, according to Gold's poll
- Why does Kate Bush need to turn the heating off? She’s running up that bill
- How did King Charles III sign his Christmas cards to his family? The Artist Formerly Known as Prince
- What’s the difference between Liz Truss and a shepherd? One U-turns and the other turns ewes
- Why are Will Smith and Chris Rock not having turkey this Christmas? Because they’ve got beef
- Why has Santa been banned from sooty chimneys? Carbon footprints
- What crisps do Phil and Holly serve at their Christmas party? Skips
- Why are the government having problems with their own version of the Christmas Nativity? They can’t find three wise men
- What do people heating their homes and wrapping paper have in common this Christmas? Both of them are getting ripped off
- How can you keep your home warm this Christmas? Tinsulation