The Queen told her advisors to hold off before releasing a statement in response to the claims made by Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, says The Mirror's royal editor Russell Myers.
In a bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan and Harry said a member of the Royal Family raised "concerns" over how dark their son Archie's skin would be.
They did not name the family member who said this, but Harry said it was not the Queen or her husband, Prince Phillip.
Meghan also said she felt suicidal but was denied any help from the Palace, and said she received absolutely no protection from them.
Lorraine Kelly said on her show: "There has been a delay in a response, we were expecting the Palace to say something, but so far, no."

Russell replied: "So far, no, and I can only think that is a good thing for all involved, really.
"Because we spoke about it yesterday, a lot more people are talking about it today, because millions will have watched it overnight on ITV.
"The issues are here that the Palace needs to take their time to respond to these absolutely bombshell allegations.

"Racism, the fact that Meghan was essentially thrown to the wolves, told to get on with her feelings of mental health, she was suicidal while pregnant.
"My understanding is there was one or more statements prepared yesterday by Buckingham Palace, but the Queen told her aides to hold off, she needs to have a measured response to this," he said.
Lorraine replied: "They do need to say something."
The Queen has reportedly refused to sign off on a statement aimed at 'de-escalating tensions' after the interview.

The Palace was locked in crisis talks Monday after the explosive interview continued to dominate headlines.
The Times reports that it had been hoped the prepared statement would "highlight the family's love and concern for the couple".
The newspaper writes that the monarch was believed to want further time to consider her response before penning any direct statement.
* Lorraine airs weekdays on ITV at 9am