Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
Bristol Post
Bristol Post
World
PA & Ben Bloch

The Queen advised to rest by doctors for two more weeks with official visits cancelled

The Queen has been advised by her doctors to rest for two more weeks, and she will not be undertaking official visits in that time, Buckingham Palace said.

Her Majesty has been advised by her doctors to only undertake “desk-based duties”, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The development comes after the Queen underwent tests in hospital last week and cancelled a two-day trip to Northern Ireland.

READ MORE: BBC Breakfast: Nicholas Witchell says 'we weren't given complete picture' on The Queen's health

But the head of state has the “firm intention” of leading the nation in honouring the country’s war dead on Remembrance Sunday on November 14.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: “Following on from their recent advice that the Queen should rest for a few days, Her Majesty’s doctors have advised that she should continue to rest for at least the next two weeks.

“The doctors have advised that Her Majesty can continue to undertake light, desk-based duties during this time, including some virtual audiences, but not to undertake any official visits.

“Her Majesty regrets that this means she will be unable to attend the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday, November 13.

“However, it remains The Queen’s firm intention to be present for the National Service of Remembrance on Remembrance Sunday, on November 14.”

Follow the latest updates on this story and others like it here

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.