
A young man found guilty of planning a terrorist attack has been carried into a Sydney court by four Corrective Services officers after earlier barricading himself in his cell.
The now 20-year-old, who can't be named as he was 16 at the time of the offence, was found guilty at his retrial in April of doing an act or acts between October 6 and October 12 in 2016 in preparation for a terrorist act.
The jury at his first trial in 2018 couldn't reach a verdict, but found his radicalised schoolfriend guilty of the offence which involved buying two bayonets to use in an imminent Sydney terrorist attack.
The schoolfriend, who was the same age, has since been jailed for at least 12 years.
He was arrested at a Muslim prayer hall when he told police: "You're all pigs ... look at you, like lambs to the slaughter ... you will all die in the hellfire at the hands of Allah ... you will be slaughtered at the hands of Allah."
His co-offender, who sacked his lawyer during his retrial, was due to face a sentence hearing on Wednesday in the NSW Supreme Court before Justice Geoffrey Bellew.
Before it started, the judge said he had been informed by Corrective Services that the offender had refused to come out of his cell at Goulburn and tried to barricade himself in his cell with a mattress.
He was forced out by officers, stripped of his clothing and forced into the orange jumpsuit required to be worn by those convicted of terror-related offences for security reasons
He said he didn't want to come into court, but the judge said he asked officers to bring him into the dock if their safety was not compromised.
Justice Bellew then noted the offender was handcuffed and carried into court by four officers and was seated in the dock with them.
"Take me down, I don't want to be here,' he yelled, later saying these were "false proceedings".
The judge noted that two of the four officers had to stand over him in the dock in order to "maintain a degree of order".
Paul Maguire SC, for the Crown, agreed that if the offender voluntarily didn't want to be at his sentence hearing, it was his choice .
The judge agreed the offender, who is still not legally represented, could be taken down to the cell.
The man's father is expected to address the hearing later on Wednesday.