
Collingwood will play for AFL premiership points in Tasmania for the first time, with their round-21 clash with Hawthorn shifted to Launceston.
Premier Peter Gutwein announced the Hawks' home match, slated to be played at the MCG, would instead be held at University of Tasmania Stadium.
He didn't specify a day or time and said further details would be provided.
The Magpies have never played a regular-season match in the Apple Isle, last setting foot there for a pre-season fixture against the Hawks in 2015.
Tasmania has already hosted several additional matches this year due to coronavirus border closures wreaking havoc with the schedule.
The state is hosting two matches this weekend, North Melbourne against Geelong in Hobart on Saturday and Hawthorn against Brisbane in Launceston on Sunday.
Traditional rivals Essendon and Hawthorn attracted a sell-out crowd of almost 15,000 in Launceston earlier this year, boosting the argument for a stand-alone Tasmanian side.
"Tasmanians have demonstrated ... that when big teams come they will turn up," Mr Gutwein said.
"I think that sent a very strong message to the AFL."
Mr Gutwein said the current 10,000 crowd limit would remain in place for the Collingwood fixture.
"We are fortunate in Tasmania that we can have crowds to that level. Other states are having no crowds, some states aren't even having games."
Mr Gutwein said an AFL review of the business case for a Tasmanian side will be with the league shortly and he expects to hold discussions with CEO Gillon McLachlan next week.
"We have had discussions with North Melbourne and Hawthorn about roll-over contracts," he said.
"I'd rather a report come down that provides clarity about whether or not we can have a team.
"If it's positive, and I'm hopeful it will be, then what we would look to do is put in short term contracts with those two teams."