Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Hindu
The Hindu
National
Staff Reporter

Suspected COVID-19 patient hospitalised

A man who returned from Libya has been admitted to the isolation ward of the Kanhangad district hospital with symptoms similar to those of COVID-19.

Though he arrived from Libya two weeks ago, he came to the hospital with symptoms of cough and sore throat on Saturday. He was immediately admitted.

Virology lab

A sample had been sent for examination to the virology laboratory in Alappuzha, said District Medical Officer-in-charge A.V. Ramdas. He said if the test results were negative, the man would be released for home monitoring.

‘Follow instructions’

People from Iran, Iraq and other COVID-19 affected foreign countries should be cautious and report to the Department of Health, Dr. Ramdas said.

People with symptoms should seek treatment and follow instructions, Dr. Ramdas said. They should stay at home during the probation period and stay away from public activities.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.