
Sudan's ruling military said security forces did commit violations when they tried to disperse a protest sit-in camp outside the military headquarters in Khartoum last week.
Gen. Shams Eddin Kabashi, spokesman of the ruling military council, said an investigation is underway and several military officers are already in custody over the violations.
Kabashi spoke to reporters at a news conference late Thursday, the Associated Press reported.
He didn't elaborate on the violations beyond saying they were "painful and outrageous."
Kabashi also rejected all calls for an international investigation into the incident.
Last week's violence, which protest organizers said left over 100 killed, marked an alarming turn in the standoff between the protesters and the Sudanese military.