
Sudanese Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok said an assassination attempt which targeted his convoy in the capital Khartoum on Monday would not stop the "path of change" in the country.
"What happened will not stop the path of change, it will be nothing but an additional push in the strong waves of the revolution," he said on Twitter.
Hamdok also tweeted a photo of himself smiling and seated at a large desk, while a TV behind him showed news coverage reporting he'd survived.
"An explosion hit as Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok's car was driving by but thank God no one was hurt," Ali Bakhit, his office director, said earlier.
Hamdok was appointed to head a transitional government after the overthrow of president Omar al-Bashir last year.
Images broadcast on regional TV channels and social media showed a convoy including several damaged white SUVs and a badly damaged car.
No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
An investigation was launched into who was behind the attack, said Information Minister Faisal Salih. "Terrorist attempts and dismantling the old regime will be dealt with decisively. What happened not only targeted the prime minister himself but targeted the Sudanese revolution."
Three witnesses told Reuters the attack happened near the northern entrance to Kober bridge, which connects Khartoum North with the city center, where Hamdok's office is.
The convoy appeared to have been targeted from above, they said.
The area was quickly cordoned off by the police.
Hamdok has confirmed the government will cooperate with the International Criminal Court’s efforts to prosecute those wanted for war crimes and genocide in connection with the Darfur conflict in Sudan in the 2000s.
Transitional authorities announced in February that they agreed to hand over al-Bashir to the ICC along with other former officials wanted by the ICC.