Get all your news in one place.
100’s of premium titles.
One app.
Start reading
The Canberra Times
The Canberra Times
National
Alex Crowe

Classes resumed following fire at Namadgi Public School

All classes have resumed at Namadgi Public School after a small fire in a toilet block caused an evacuation.

Students and teachers were evacuated from buildings at about midday on Friday and the fire was quickly put under control.

No one was reportedly injured in the incident, which was being investigated by ACT Policing.

Emergency services remained at the school just before 2pm, ventilating smoke from the small structural fire.

An ESA spokesperson said students had been moved to an alternative location to resume their lessons in the afternoon.

"As the safety of school children and teachers is a priority, evacuations have been undertaken in the affected building as a precaution until crews have made the scene safe," the spokesperson said.

The fire is reported to have been started around 11.45am on Friday and was brought under control soon after.

Sign up to read this article
Read news from 100’s of titles, curated specifically for you.
Already a member? Sign in here
Related Stories
Top stories on inkl right now
One subscription that gives you access to news from hundreds of sites
Already a member? Sign in here
Our Picks
Fourteen days free
Download the app
One app. One membership.
100+ trusted global sources.