A Strictly Come Dancing star has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of rape.
The Sun reported that a man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested in October over an alleged incident last year.
The alleged victim was not a contestant or professional dancer, the paper said.
It reported that the alleged rape took place following a BBC event, citing sources.
A source told The Sun: “This is an absolute nightmare for the BBC - a heartbreaking situation.
“Bosses have done their utmost to steady the ship and make the show as scandal-free as possible, and yet now this has happened.
“The BBC is taking this very seriously and will absolutely offer support to all concerned.”
Hertfordshire Police confirmed the arrest and said inquiries are continuing.
The force told the Sun: "A man was released on police bail under investigation having been arrested in London on Monday 13 October on suspicion of rape.
"The allegations relate to an incident which happened in Hertfordshire during 2024.
"Meanwhile, inquiries by officers from Hertfordshire Constabulary's Public Protection team will continue.
"Given the nature of the allegations, it would be inappropriate to make any further comment at this time."
A BBC spokesperson said: "It would not be appropriate to comment on an ongoing police investigation."
It comes after another male star of the BBC show was arrested in August on suspicion of rape.
The man in his 30s, who has not been named, was also detained over a separate alleged offence of "non-consensual intimate image abuse".
The show has faced a number of scandals in recent years.
Actress Amanda Abbington stepped back from filming during the 2023 season before alleging her dance partner Giovanni Pernice had been "unnecessary, abusive, cruel and mean" during rehearsals, which he denies.
A BBC report found that Pernice had not been physically aggressive but did uphold her complaints of verbal bullying and harassment, and apologised to Abbington.
Last year, opera singer Wynne Evans drew criticism from viewers who felt he was overly touchy with his partner Katya Jones on the show.
He was later heard making an “inappropriate” sexual remark during the launch of the Strictly live tour. Evans apologised, but he was dropped from the tour and lost his GoCompare advert deal.